Monday, September 28, 2009

Hi, to all my friends and family,
Well, the shower, for Amy, has come & gone. All of the preparation, and work was well worth it. Once I sat down to watch her open all of the wonderful gifts she received, I was able to take a deep breath, and just relax. I think it is actually meant for moms to give their daughters baby showers....because you put all of this time and effort into getting things ready for the shower, that you don't have time to think. Don't get me wrong, I have been more than excited about little Emily's soon to be arrival, but first now it has actually sunk in, that in just a few short weeks, we will be holding that little bundle of joy, and once again the sweet aroma of baby powder will be present. Now, I am sooooo very excited.
On the lighter side....a few mishaps. I'm sure some of you will have to giggle at this one. Right before going to the church hall to decorate for the shower, I stopped to pick up some helium balloons. I had 5 sets of 3 for table top decorations. I got outside with the balloons (I should've taken each set of 3 to the car separately) and the wind started to blow them all around. They were wrapped around my neck....I can see it now....headlines in the local paper...."Woman strangled by balloons!" Once I got to my car, a stranger offered her help. Oh, and by now the ribbons from the balloons, were also tangled into my earrings, as well. I got into the car and pulled, and she pushed. What a site to see! I was able to shove them all into the back of the Carolla, so that at least I could back out of my parking spot. Okay, then I got to the hall, with the balloons. They were so tangled....it was worse than trying to untangle fishing line with a bobber. But my aunt Lois and I, and with the help of Lao, my son's g/f we got them free. We had to untie all of the knots from the weights, and try and pull each strand out. Some of them were knotted up, but with a little patience we got them loose and refastened. By now I was sweating up a storm. Once all of the guests arrived we started playing some games that I had planned. The last game was Baby Bingo. I had purchased 5 sets of Baby Bingo cards. So, obviously, each set would be the same and there would be 5 winners calling Bingo on one call. I had planned for that with all of the door prizes. What I wasn't counting on, was 10 winners on one call. OMG!!! What to do. When planning the shower, I thought I should get some extra gifts, and did, but only 2 extras. These poor guests won, and didn't get a gift. I feel terrible. All in all, everyone had a great time, it was so nice to see some family that I haven't seen in awhile....and Amy had an awesome shower....something to tell baby Emily some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online