Monday, October 19, 2009

A Great Turnout at Pumpkin Fest in Mishicot, WI

What a great day for a fall festival, such as Pumpkin Fest in Mishicot, WI. There was some scrumptious food (by the way, I had to try the pumpkin muffins sold in front of the coffee shop...they were to die for...topped with a dab of cream cheese frosting....oooh, my), some chicken boullia, chili, tons of apples, and of course the pumpkin recipe contests. The weather started out a bit chilly, but it warmed up a tad when the sun peaked out over the autumn sky, just in time for the parade. There were cute little ghosts and goblins walking around, and a lot of painted faces. The streets were lined with vendors from all over the area. (Me, being one of 'em). And I was set up to a gentleman who took such pride in his home made honey. I have to say, he did quite well Saturday. He has a local cabinetry business, just north of Denmark, WI, called Hank's Authentic Cabinetry. He told me that the bees gave him lots of honey this year. He sells such a variety of honey related products, including bee pollen, that you just sprinkle on your food, containing pure protein. I've been told that bee pollen is great for aching joints and arthritis. He had the honey combs, which brought back memories for me of when I was a child. My dad used to come home with these huge slabs filled with honey comb, and we'd spread it on our toast in the morning...yum! He told me he sells at the DePere Farmer's Market, so check him out. Anyway, everyone appeared to have a wonderful time at the Pumpkin Festival...Jim & Evie Sustman volunteered their time, (and Evie's delicious bakery and coffee) every Wednesday morning at the Mishicot Farmer's Market, and also contributed a lot of hard work and time into this festival. Thank you, Jim & Evie, and the Mishicot Area Growth & Improvement Committee (MAGIC) for a wonderful season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online