With the holidays right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about getting out those Christmas decorations, shopping for gifts, and creating some hand-crafted Christmas cards. Here are some cute ideas to help you prepare for those joyful memories. What a decorative holiday display for your mantle or tabletop this season. These decorative blocks can be created easily with the items shown below from the Holiday Mini Catalog.
Ho ho ho blocks
Card Stock Whisper White 8 1/2X11
Card Stock Real Red 8 1/2X11
SHIMMER PAINT CHAMPAGNE MIST
Sizzix Big Shot Machine
RIBBON GROSGRAIN POLKA DOT REAL RED 3/4"
BIGZ ALPHABET SIMPLE LETTERS
1. Cover each side of two Décor Elements blocks with Real Red card stock (3" x 3"). Cover each side of third block with Whisper White card stock (3" x 3").
2. Cut “Ho ho” from Whisper White card stock and “Ho” from Real Red card stock using Sizzix Big Shot and Alphabet Simple Letters Bigz die.
3. Adhere Whisper White letters and winter scenes from the Holiday Mix Décor Elements to Real Red blocks.
4. Adhere Décor Elements snowflakes to Real Red blocks.
5. Adhere Real Red letters to Whisper White block.
6. Mix a few drops of Champagne Mist shimmer paint with 1 oz. of rubbing alcohol and spritz entire project.
7. When blocks are dry, tie Real Red 3/4" polka-dot grosgrain ribbon (28") around Whisper White block.
Using the Decor Elements Blocks with the complimentary Decor Elements Holiday Mix, your favorite embellishments,and a little creativity, in no time you'll have made a beautiful addition to your holiday displays.
You too, can create them just as easily. Let me show you and your friends how. Or invite some friends over for a "Make & Take". They're great as gifts, too.