Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Lights, Bows, and Presents...GORGEOUS Candy Cane Lighted Glass Block!



I thought I'd try these gorgeous lighted glass blocks.  I'd seen them at a craft fair, and I thought they were absolutely stunning.




I struggled with the bow, it is the best I could do.  I actually had to find a tutorial on how to make these bows.  It took me the better part of the day...I've always been "bow challenged".  Otherwise, this was very easy to make.  I cut the Cerise (retired) Designer Paper at
6 3/8"x 6 3/8".  Then I carefully rolled the paper up and inserted it into the hole in the back of the glass block.  You can find these Krafty Blocks at your local, large craft store.  I also bought some regular glass block windows, that I will attempt next.  I'm waiting for my boyfriend to drill the hole in the back.  He is a UPS delivery driver, and with the heavy snow we had today, here in Two Rivers, he's working a long shift.  Anyway, I took some cording and with a craft glue, adhered the white trim around the center.  The ribbon is 1 1/2" wide, and I ran it around the block each way, adhering with a glue gun.  Then, came time for the bow....oh, no!!  I struggled, watching all types of tutorials, until I found this one.  But, you may want to scroll down to the bottom of my blog, and pause or turn the volume down on my Christmas Mix Playlist, first, to hear this tutorial.  
A little playing around with the ribbon, and I think I got it! I applied the Merry & Bright Rub-Ons (Holiday Mini Catalog) and the Word Flurries Rub-Ons (Stampin' Up Clearance Rack) to the outside and all around the block. I also added some of the snowflakes from the Decor Elements Holiday Mix around the block. And finished it off with some holiday picks, and a ornament tag, using the Ornament Punch, the Merry & Bright Rub-Ons, with silver cord.






I will be doing some more of these lighted glass blocks, so please check back! These are one of the many items I will be selling this Saturday, Dec. 12th at the Manitowoc County Expo Rummage-a-Rama. This is held at the Manitowoc County Expo grounds at 4921 Expo Dr, Manitowoc, WI located in the Merchant Building (1/2 mile from interstate 43) The time of the event runs from 8:30am-2:30pm. There will be concessions, and over 40 vendors selling, arts and crafts, rummage and Amish bakery. Stop by and say "hi".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online