Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ornamental Joy Glass Block...Another Beautiful Christmas Display


 
Ornamental Joy Glass Block

I've been busy this morning creating, yet, another Glass Block Display.  I have to let you in on a little secret, though.  You have to promise not to tell...ya' right, I'm posting this for the whole world to see.  I initially wanted to use, as the background paper, the sheet below, from the Holiday Lounge collection.  I just loved the lines of the ornaments, along with the lines in the paper.

 
Holiday Lounge Designer Paper

But the white "Joy" sentiment, and white ornaments really got lost, with all of the white going on.  I was all out of the Red "Joy" sentiment from the Decor Elements Holiday Mix, so I couldn't go that route.  Then I tried a different sheet from the Holiday Lounge assorted Designer Papers, and liked the one I chose, as well.  The ornaments on the paper, kind of, frame the ornaments applied to the front of the block, and the "Joy" sentiment, for that matter.  (I tell you, if you have some of the red Decor Elements, Holiday Mix, you have to try this, with the above coordinating paper...it really would look sharp)


Oh, yes, one more secret...I accidentally applied the Decor Elements, with the hole from the Krafty Block, at the top.  So, you really couldn't insert any lights into this decorative piece.  But it does look great, without, or with a strand of lights behind it.


So, to begin with I, first, applied my Decor Elements from the Holiday Mix collection(Holiday Mini Catalog), using the "Joy" sentiment and the ornament images.  I cut the Designer Paper from the Holiday Lounge collection at 6 3/8"x 6 3/8", and ran a line of Tombow Adhesive to the top of the paper, on the backside.  I gently rolled it up, and carefully placed it into the glass block, aligning it in the center, and pressed along the edge with the adhesive.  Then I took  red, 1 1/2" wide ribbon, and brought it along the sides, and adhered with a glue gun.  I added a 2nd 1 1/2" wide ribbon, along with the red and tied a bow.  I took pieces of gold cord and adhered them from each ornament to the top of the block using the glue gun, as well.  And finally tied a bow at the top of each ornament with the gold gord.  Below is another view of this Ornamental Joy Glass Block.




CHECK BACK LATER, FOR MORE OF THESE LITTLE DARLINGS! I'M ON A ROLL!


1 comment:

  1. It's just beautiful! I'm glad you worked through all the supplies (or lack of) and managed to make such a beautiful block. Too bad about the hole thing. Can you put the bow over the cord coming out of it and put them in anyway?

    Either way, it is georgous!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online