Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gift Card Holders Tutorial and Challenge

Gals, there are only 56 shopping days left until Christmas. I have never been a big fan of gift cards ( I've always enjoyed giving a gift that's wrapped in pretty paper, bow and all) But gift cards have become ever so popular, especially when time is a factor, or simply don't know what to get for that someone. They also make great "Thank You's" by the way of your fav drive-thru, or coffee shop, even gas or grocery gift cards are a nice way of showing someone you care. You can find gift cards now, practically everywhere you shop, anything to save on time. And if all of the malls are closed, and it' late, you can probably find a popular gift card at an all night store or gas station...how convenient! So, what better to have as a challenge, than a "gift card holder". Here are a few I've made ( I just love this version because they are very quick and simple):




There are many versions of gift cards that I've seen. However, I find that I like this one because it is so versatile, and simple to make. For the challenge you can follow the tutorial below, or create one of your own versions....we like new ideas here.





Below are the measurements and supplies needed to make this Gift Card Holder:

Gift Card Holder with Belly Band

Cardstock Base:
7" x 4.25" (Scored at 4.5" and 1.5" on the long side)

Designer Paper:
1.) 4 5/16" x 2 5/16"
2.) 4 5/16" x 1 5/16"
3.) Optional 4 5/16" x 2 13/16" (This layer is for the back of the holder. I like to use this especially to hide the backs of the brads. So make sure you wait to put this layer on after you've attached the brads on the inside of the card holder)
4.) Optional 4 5/16" x 2 5/16" (This layer is for the top half of the inside. I like to stamp a sentiment and small image here)

Cardstock for the Belly Band:
9.75" x .75" (Scored at 4.25" and 8.5")

Additional Supplies:
2 Mini Brads (Its difficult to see in the photo, but the brads are placed on the inside flap, to secure the ends where the gift card will be placed eventually. I prefer the tiny mini brads, so they don't mark up the inside of the card as much as the larger ones can)
Scalloped Circle Punch
1 3/8" Circle Punch
1 1/4" Circle Punch
To Have & To Hold Stampin' Up Stampset
So Many Scallops Stampin' Up Stampset
VersaMark Ink Pad
Gold Embossing Powder
Heat Gun
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ( I prefer to emboss the belly band. But you do have to run it through in sections, a couple of times. On this Card Holder I used the Script Embossing Folder. On the Baby Gift Card Holder I used the Tiny Bubbles, and for the Butterfly Holder I used Swiss Dots)

If you'd like to see more of these, Belly Band Gift Card Holders, go to the right side of my blog, and under the "Labels" heading, click on Gift Card Holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online