Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Little "Baby Doll"




I'm back! Yes, back home now. I can't begin to explain the blessed week I had. I stayed with my daughter, Amy, and son-in-law, Corey, after receiving the phone call that she was going to the hospital. I arrived at West Allis Aurora Hospital about 4:30AM last Tuesday. My precious, Emily, was born at 11:28AM that morning, weighing 8lbs 12.5oz, and 20". The labor seemed like a breeze for Amy, after getting the epidural. I sure wish I would've done that, or even had that option with my 3 children. I think it prolonged her labor, but she barely felt a thing. Emily was taken to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, though, because she had a mild temperature, and had rapid breathing. It was more precautionary, but had everyone quite worried. Apparently, it was just the transition from the labor that caused these symptoms. It was a good thing I stayed with them, because it took awhile for the breast milk to come in, since she was unable to breast feed while Emily was in the NIC unit. And when Amy, Corey, and Emily came home, Emily was very hungry. After losing too much weight these 1st few days, they had Amy supplement her feedings with formula. Our precious little girl had been hungry, but once she started getting the formula supplements she was completely fine. She is such a joy, my heart is overflowing. While I was there I had prepared various meals, to freeze, which should last them at least a week. I was going to come home yesterday, but I just was enjoying my granddaughter so much. I stayed another day. Now, I'm going through Emily withdrawal. She's so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online