Thursday, February 6, 2020

DIY Easy as Pie...Mom's Apple Pie Wood Serving Tray that is











Wow...
I had never stained ANYTHING
before this.
I started out with an unfinished 
round board...
Stained it, not even knowing 
what color it would turn out
to be, completed.
Added some adorable
jute covered handles.
And on to the magic of the chalk.
I DID tweak the tray
after the LIVE video, though.
I placed the transfer back 
onto the apple pie,
and squeegeed a few strokes
of Almond Chalkology paste in a few areas.
I thought it gave it more dimension.
Then, since the RED apples
were not really clear
on the dark wood,
I simply washed them off...
YES! Chalk paste is easily
removable, 
BUT, ONLY IF YOU WANT IT TO BE!
Since I hadn't sealed the tray
with some Polyurethane Spray, yet,
it came off nicely.
Then turned the red apples
into some Granny Smith Apples.
Much, much better, I think!




Apple Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online