Friday, November 20, 2009

Gift Card Holders with a Belly Band

The plan was to present you with a tutorial showing how to make the Holiday "Joy" Blocks.  To do this, I need my camera, and the batteries are still charging.  So, I started to make these Gift Card Holders with a Belly Band.  I've posted a tutorial on these back in September, but I tweeked it a bit.  (Just the embellishment)  The dimensions and measurements are the same.  Aren't they cute??  If you'd like to see more of these Belly Band Gift Card Holders, along with a tutorial on how to create them yourself, go to the right side of my blog, under "Labels", and click on Gift Card Holders.

For the ornament embellishment, I used the Ornament Punch.  I punched 3 separate ornaments for each card.  One with the solid cardstock, and two with the Designer Paper.  I glued the two ornaments with the Designer Paper to each other, so that the same design was showing on both the front and back.  I then folded the ornament in half vertically.  And used just a tad bit of adhesive on the crease or fold.  Then I adhered the creased part, only to the solid ornament.  I tied a bow at the top of each.  (Gold cord for the red ornament card, and silver for the green ornament card)  I added a stick-on jewel in the center of each ornament. Once I had all of that done, I skimmed the edges of the ornaments with my Krylow markers, running it along each edge of the ornament.  (Gold for the red card, and silver for the green card)  I also filled in the top cap of the ornament with the Krylow.  The Belly Band was embossed with the Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online