Friday, November 6, 2009

Merry Berry Christmas Card Tutorial


I created this adorable Christmas card for this week's #160 Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  Great sketch, Roxy...love it.  I love how the Cocoa Christmas Designer Paper(found in the Holiday Mini Catalog) gives this card a patchwork effect.  I knew that I wanted to add ribbon to the sentiment layer, but wanted something subtle, not too overpowering.  I had this Christmas ribbon, which was just the right width.  But, when I attempted to tie a bow with it, or even a knot, I thought it was just too much, and took away from the pretty  holly branch.  What I ended up doing was, wrapping a small piece of ribbon around the layered image.  I then, took a second smaller piece of ribbon, folded it in half, off setting it just a tad, and then piercing it near the fold with my piercing tool.  Then I pushed my brad through the holes in the ribbon.  This worked best, by, using the soft, rubber mat from my Mat Pack, laying the ribbon over the mat, and pushing the brad through the holes of the ribbon, and right through the soft rubber of the mat.  Then just pull the whole piece straight up out of the mat.  I added some Stickles to the berries, and just on the smaller side of each leaf.  I didn't want too much bling....just enough.

Supplies:


Stamps:
Berry Merry #116509 Holiday Mini Catalog $22.95

Cardstock:
Real Red #102482
Soft Suede (Current In Color) #115318
Whisper White #100730
Cocoa Christmas Designer Paper #116770 Holiday Mini Catalog

Ink:
Real Red #103133 or Stampin' Write Marker #100052
True Thyme (retired In Color) I didn't have Soft Suede (#115657) and the True Thyme matched perfectly

Cut Soft Suede Cardstock dimensions:
5 1/2"x 8" scored at 4 1/4"
3 pieces 2 13/16" x 1 7/16"
1 piece 3 3/16" x 1 11/16"
1 small piece 1 11/16" wide (any length...I cut it at 1 11/16" to make it a square...that way I didn't have to figure out which edge needed to be punched with the scalloped punch

Cut Real Red Cardstock dimensions:
5 1/2" x 3 3/4" before punching the scalloped edge

Whisper White:
1 piece 5 1/2" x 3"
1 piece 3" x 1 1/2"


Cocoa Christmas Designer Paper dimensions:
Red: 2 pieces 2 5/8" x 1 1/4"
Holly leaves: 1 piece 2 5/8" x 1 1/4"


Layer papers as shown in the picture, and pop your main image layer with dimensionals;  Add white gel pen to scalloped edges, and Lime Green Stickles to the small side of each leaf, and Fruit Punch Stickles to the berries.

And you're done!
Hope you like it....
Check out some other examples of this sketch(layout) on Splitcoast Stampers here.  And if you'd like to see how you can add your own creativity for this sketch, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online