Friday, November 13, 2009

November SNOWFLAKES in Two Rivers?? No...I Just Wanted to Share a Quick, Easy Christmas Card


I've been busy creating some new Christmas cards to share with all of you.  Here is one I recently put together.  It's pretty basic, and quite simple, which is ideal for when you're mailing out large quantities.  Also, it's not very chunky or thick, so mailing them is within the Postal Service's guidelines.  Believe me, I know after working in Milwaukee for 23 years as a letter carrier, you sure see it all.  I've seen coconuts come through the mail, with the address printed right on the coconut, itself.  I've delivered a rooster, plenty of crickets and bees, even a small package, that we believed to be human waste (that was disgusting)  I refused to deliver it, and let the supervisor deal with it.  I tell you, it is sooo nice, now, being retired...I get to do what I love, and that is stampin'. Speaking of which, back to this Christmas card...yes, it is snowflakes, and it's only November...but, when you think about it, Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  A have to giggle, here, a bit, out loud, too, I might add...my Aunt and Uncle every year, like clockwork, send their Christmas cards out Thanksgiving day.  I can count on going to my mailbox 2 days after the big turkey feast, and sure enough, there's my 1st Christmas card.  Check back with me on Saturday, November 28th, and I'll guarantee you'll see here, that I received my 1st Christmas card for 2009.  I think it's rather cute.  Here's a picture of what I call, my "Patterned Snowflakes" greeting card.  And I will have more for you, as I post to my blog, so stop back often.  



STAMPIN' UP PATTERNED SNOWFLAKES:


Supplies:
Stamps: Patterned Pines (Holiday Mini Catalog)
             Four the Holidays (Holiday Mini Catalog)


Cardstock:
Whisper White: 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4" and
                       Three 1 1/2" Circles
Pacific Point(retired, but you could use any blue): Three 1 3/4" Circles


Ink:
Taken With Teal


Accessories:
1 1/2" Circle Punch
1 3/4" Circle Punch
Embossing Pen
Iridescent Ice(looks like it is retired, also, but Dazzling Diamonds, will do, or some Stickles)
Heat Gun
Stamp-a-ma-Jig


Stamp the snowflake image using your Taken With Teal Classic ink onto the Whisper White cardstock 3 times.  Highlight some of each snowflake with your embossing pen, sprinkle with the Iridescent Ice, and heat emboss, just to the point when you see the color change...not too much.  Punch your 3 snowflakes using the 1 1/2" circle punch.  Punch out 3 circles from your Pacific Point cardstock with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  Stamp your sentiment with Pacific Point Classic Ink, centering the sentiment using your Stamp-a-ma-Jig.  Adhere the snowflake circles to the larger Pacific Point circles.  Adhere your finished images with Dimensionals so they "pop".  I love Dimensionals...hardly ever create a card without "popping" something.  I like to use my Grid Paper, also sold through Stampin' Up, because you can easily line up your images using the measuring guides.  They're also nice for clean up when using embossing powders, or for paper scraps.  So, here is an elegant Christmas card, which is quick and easy, there ya' have it.  


Bye, see ya'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online